Monday, January 21, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - The Kingdom of Gods, by N.K. Jemisin

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!

----------

I've arrived, at last, at the third book of N.K. Jemisin's Inheritance Trilogy, The Kingdom of Gods.  Time has passed in the mortal world, and the Arameri power is declining.  Sieh, one of the original godlings, befriends the heir to the throne, after being stricken with an curse that is making him mortal.  While trying to find a cure, he has stumbled onto a vast conspiracy...Someone is murdering members of the royal family.  But is it revenge against the powerful family that holds the world together, or merely practice for the murder of the gods themselves?

The Tease:
""It's far too late for you to care about me, Father," he said.
 The word fell into my mind like poison, and the veil on my memory shredded into tatters.
(He) vanished then, and I do not remember what happened after that.  There was a lot of pain.
But when I finally awoke, I was thirty years older."
 -The Kingdom of Gods, by N.K. Jemisin

What's your Tease?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, interesting teaser!
    http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-power-of-positive-woman-by-karol.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I've read the first and have the second here, I so need to get back to this trilogy. :) Thank you!

    If you'd like to stop by, I have a teaser up as well:
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday-147.html

    ReplyDelete