Monday, January 14, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - The Kingdom of Gods, by N.K. Jemisin

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!

----------

I've arrived, at last, at the third book of N.K. Jemisin's Inheritance Trilogy, The Kingdom of Gods.  Time has passed in the mortal world, and the Arameri power is declining.  Sieh, one of the original godlings, befriends the heir to the throne, after being stricken with an curse that is making him mortal.  While trying to find a cure, he has stumbled onto a vast conspiracy...Someone is murdering members of the royal family.  But is it revenge against the powerful family that holds the world together, or merely practice for the murder of the gods themselves?

The Tease:
"I was five years older, several centuries chastened, and more hated than ever by my siblings, including the one I'd apparently forgotten.  As first days on the job went...well.
I was still alive.  It remained to be seen whether this was a good thing."
 -The Kingdom of Gods, by N.K. Jemisin

What's your Tease?

6 comments:

  1. A nice and interesting teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday_7336.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not familiar with this book but that is a good teaser! Enjoy your book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair enough, still alive, great!!! Lol!!

    Here’s My TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I read the first book and so need to get back to the last two. Great teaser! Thank you.

    If you'd like to stop by, I have a teaser up as well...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday-146.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've heard of this one before. Sounds good!

    I love name of your blog. It makes me miss Summer! hehe

    I'm a new follower!
    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete