Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - Great North Road, by Peter F Hamilton

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!


I'm almost finished with Great North Road, by Peter F Hamilton. I've loved it so far, and keep finding myself reading slower and smaller chunks at a time to make it last longer.  Nonetheless, all good things must come to an end, and this might be our last Tease from this novel...

The Tease:

"Angela had gone only about a hundred meters along the river when she realized someone was following her. She wasn't surprised. The whole Ravi-being-safe-thing was a big stretch. Two options: This was either the monster or the saboteur.
Either way, she was ready to settle this."
 - Great North Road, by Peter F Hamilton

What's your Tease?


  1. Sounds like things are about to come to a head! Good Teaser.
    My Teaser is from RYELEE’S COWBOY.

  2. This sounds gripping, I do hope you enjoy your last chunk.

    Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/07/08/teaser-tuesday-july-8/

  3. That sounds good. Hope you enjoy it!
    Here is My Teaser Tuesday

  4. Oh wow so many teases from this book. Did you finish it?

    1. I did finish it, and I totally loved it! One of these days I'll get back to writing reviews again!

  5. I have heard of so many boos from Peter F Hamilton, but never read anything by him.

  6. His Sci-Fi novels are amazing - big, thick, heavy, meaty stories with lots of interesting characters and intriguing ideas. His books are well worth the time investment.