Monday, June 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - Water for Elephants

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!

----------
I am thoroughly enjoying Water for Elephants, although I must say in all honesty, I wish I had read the book before seeing the movie, as I'm finding it difficult to stay focused on reading it when I already know what's going to happen.  But I am enjoying it and it is a wonderful story!  In the scene this teaser is from, Jacob awaits news of Marlena after her accident.


The Tease:
"As the days pass I grow more anxious about Marlena.  Each time I approach the cookhouse I hope that I'll find her there.  And each time I don't, my heart sinks."
- Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen

 What's your Tease?

7 comments:

  1. Excellent teaser and book choice. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesdays-in-the-belly-of-jonah-by-sandra-brannan.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser. I've still yet to read this book.

    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've heard such good things about this! I'm always a little bit put off when a book gets put to the screen but I might be persuaded to come around on this one. Hope you enjoy the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read the book and saw the movie, I liked both.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh great teaser. I have this one on my kindle waiting for me to read.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser, I have yet to read the book or see the movie but I am growing more tempted to see what the hype is all about. Thank you for stopping by my teaser last week!

    ReplyDelete