Monday, October 7, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!

----------

I finished Lady of Ashes last week, and spent part of the weekend trying to decide what to read next, and finally settled on Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia.  I saw the movie earlier this year and quite enjoyed it, and didn't even realize it was based on a novel until after watching the film.


The Tease:

"No matter how hard I scrubbed, I couldn't get my heart to stop pounding.  And over the smell of the Ivory soap and the Stop & Shop shampoo, I could still smell it.  Just barely, but I knew it was there.
Lemons and rosemary."
 -Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia
What's your Tease?

2 comments:

  1. Another book languishing in Mount TBR that I hope to get to soon -- and before I see the movie. Hope you enjoy(ed) the book! My teaser: Saint’s Gate

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think Lemon and Rosemary would be something you'd want to smell.

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete