Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!

----------

I'm currently reading Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia.  I saw the movie earlier this year and quite enjoyed it, and didn't even realize it was based on a novel until after watching the film.  Since I found out, I've been wanting to read at least the first book in the series to see if it was any good, and so far I'm quite enjoying it.  In this scene, Ethan visits the grave of the owner of the mysterious locket...


The Tease:

"I walked back over to the hole and reached into my pocket.  I opened the handkerchief with the familiar initials, and lifted the locket up by its chain.
Nothing.
  No visions, and something told me there weren't going to be any more.
  The locket had led us here, showed us what we needed to see."
 -Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia
What's your Tease?

4 comments:

  1. Makes me wonder what they needed to see.

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one in Mount TBR. Would like to see the movie, but not until after I've read the book. My teaser: Frankenstein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brave of you, mixing mediums like that! Interesting teaser.

    Mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/teaser-tuesday-drown/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to read this for forever! I enjoyed the movie as well--though mabye because I haven't read the book yet? Great teaser! :)

    Here's mine!
    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete