Monday, January 9, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - A Dance with Dragons

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!

----------
Well I'm past the halfway point finally, and now that the holidays are over hopefully I'll have more time to devote to this novel as I'm really enjoying it!

The Tease:
 "Asha Greyjoy rode in the baggage train, in a covered wayn with two huge iron-rimmed wheels, fettered at wrist and ankle and watched over day and night by a She-Bear who snored worse than any man.  His Grace King Stannis was taking no chances on his prize escaping captivity.  He meant to carry her to Winterfell, to display her there in chains for the lords of the north to see, the kraken's daughter bound and broken, proof of his power."
 -A Dance with Dragons, by George R. R. Martin

What's your Tease?

7 comments:

  1. YES YES YES. I LOVED "Dance with Dragons" but that ending. And we don't even know when the last two books are coming out! I want more! ;_;

    Here's mine for this week: "Zaregoto Book 2: The Kubishime Romanticist"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the HBO series that I went and got the first book, still haven't read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser! Not sure if I should have read it, though; I've only finished the first book in the Song of Ice and Fire Series. :P Ah well, I wasn't sure if I was going to read the rest anyway . . .

    Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Golden Eagle - No worries! I always try to pick passages that aren't too spoilery, so these sentences shouldn't detract from anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read the entire series, and this book left me hanging. What happened to everyone in the end that wasn't killed or died. I want to know what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete