Monday, October 4, 2010

News - Towers of Midnight

In case you've missed it and are unaware, "Towers of Midnight," the 13th installment of the epic fantasy Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson will be released on November 2nd, 2010.

That's less than a month away, people!!  OMG!

Granted, not everyone may be as excited as I am about this, but I have to say that after last years "A Gathering Storm" I am once again excited about this series.  Sanderson managed to breathe new life into the story while still remaining true to Jordan's vision and wishes.

I started reading this series back in the mid-1990's.  The first book, "Eye of the World" was published in 1990, but I did not discover the series until around '94 or '95, (I don't remember exactly and I wasn't keeping a reading list back then!), so I was able to read the first 3 or 4 books all in a row.  Since then, however, it's been a long slow process of waiting for each new book to come out with waits of several years in-between.  By the time the final volume is published (expected in late 2011) the series will span almost 22 years.

And I have to say that it's totally been worth it.  This is without a doubt the best fantasy series I've ever read in my life, and I'm fairly sure that it will be the series that all future series will be compared to.

Now, the whole point of that was to share a link with you guys.  This idea of "book trailers" is new to me, but I totally dig it.  So go watch the book trailer for Towers of Midnight at Tor.com, because it is freaking awesome!  (Be warned, there are spoilers).

Leave a comment and tell me what you think of the book trailer, or the series in general if you've read any of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment