Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - The Moses Stone

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!


Now that I have finally finished the Millennium Trilogy, this week you get to have a Teaser from an all new book!  This week, that would be The Moses Stone by James Becker.  This is actually book two in a series, but I  picked it up on impulse without realizing it was part of a series and haven't been able to find book 1 yet.  However I haven't felt like I was missing anything or walking in right in the middle of the story by starting with book two, so I think they must be somewhat independent.  The story is about a British investigator, Chris Bronson, who gets called to Morocco to look into the seemingly accidental fatal car crash of a middle-aged couple on vacation.  But when the dead couples' daughter and son-in-law are also attacked, Bronson begins to suspect foul play!

Here's the Tease:
"The sound of the shot was thunderously loud in the confined space, and Bronson had no time to check if Angela had been hit: he was already moving, fast.  He pushed himself off the wall of the cave and barreled straight across the rocky floor, smashing into the man's stomach with shoulder."  The Moses Stone, by James Becker.

I've almost finished the book, so hopefully I'll have a review up soon!  Meanwhile, leave a comment and tell me what you think!

4 comments:

  1. Action packed, descriptive and suspenseful, I like it. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-in-hovering-flight.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting!

    You can read my teaser HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh, sounds exciting! Great teaser! I bet Morocco makes for a great setting. Thanks for visiting my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I bet there's plenty of action in this one.

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete