Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - Born, by Tara Brown

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!

----------

Last week I started reading Born, by Tara Brown, which had been highly recommended to me by a friend.  I'm almost to the end of it now, and I have quite enjoyed it, but it's very different from the type of novels I usually enjoy and I've had a few issues along the way, trying to get comfortable with the author's writing style.  In spite of that, I've had a difficult time putting it down at night!  Today's Tease is from the very opening of Chapter 1, and sets the mood nicely...


The Tease:

"They say that the world is built for two, but in the silence of the old cellar, two feels like a long lost dream.  It's an ice cream cone on a boardwalk with the sun above and the sea below.  It's the wind rolling around you gently, trying to persuade in all the directions at once and mixing sand over your feet as your toes dig in.
It's a perfect place none of us tries to remember."
 -Born, by Tara Brown
What's your Tease?

1 comment:

  1. Great teaser! It's a beautiful quote. I really enjoyed this book, thanks for sharing!

    New GFC Follower:)

    Here's my TT

    Katie @ The Quiet Girl Talks

    ReplyDelete