Monday, March 26, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - Warlord of Mars

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!

----------

After his war against the First Born, John Carter waits anxiously to determine the fate of his beloved Dejah Thoris...

The Tease:
 "For six long Martian months I had haunted the vicinity of the hateful Temple of the Sun, within whose slow-revolving shaft, far beneath the surface of Mars, my princess lay entombed - but whether alive or dead I knew not.  Had Phaidor's slim blade found that beloved heart? Time only would reveal the truth."
 -Warlord of Mars, by Edgar Rice Burroughs

What's your Tease?

6 comments:

  1. Hope she'll be okay. I never read a martian book--this is different!

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/03/tuesday-teasers-home-front-and-gone.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this one before...but what an interesting teaser.

    My Teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first one a few months ogo on my nookColor, courtesy of Project Gutenberg. I really enojyed it.

    My teaser for this week is a non-fiction: http://eyesandearsblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote! I'm about to start reading John Carter. Thanks for dropping by my Teaser Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete