Monday, October 31, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - Sizzling Sixteen

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!

----------
I'm almost done with The Way of Kings, and I'm a little bit sad about it, because it's been a fantastic book even if it is taken me forever to read it.  But I thought that this week I would do a Teaser from the book that I'm about to start next.  In fact, I'm going to use the first few lines of Chapter 1.  Many of you may already be familiar with the Stephanie Plum series.

The Tease:
 "My Uncle Pip died and left me his lucky bottle. 
I suppose I'm fortunate, because he left my Grandma Mazur his false teeth. 
So I've got this bottle now, and I don't exactly know what to do with it.  It's not like I have a mantel."
 -Sizzling Sixteen, by Janet Evanovich

What's your Tease?

3 comments:

  1. I'd rather have the bottle than the flase teeth. Good teaser.

    Here is mine if you want to visit www.clairesbookcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, being left false teeth is funny. Like this teaser!

    Here's ours, 3 this week, all from different genres: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-difficult-boy-and-small.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh great teaser :)


    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/11/tuesday-teaser.html

    ReplyDelete