Friday, October 7, 2011

Bits & Pieces

Now that October is uponst us, I just want to remind everyone about All Hallow's Read!!  My post on that is here, along with links to more information about the event. 

The short version?  Give someone a (age-appropriate) scary book for Halloween!  It'll be fun!  Come on!! 
(You know you want to...)

------------------------------

Also I would like to officially welcome the most recent followers, Lee from Bookish Boy, and Amie at Mom Reads My Books.  Check out both of their blogs if you get a chance, they're both quite entertaining!

------------------------------

If you don't already know all about TheBloggess.com, then you are totally missing out.  She's hysterically funny.  Go check it out.  Now! 
(Seriously - she has a picture of Wil Wheaton collating paper.  Go now!!)
(But don't forget to come back when you're done, okay?)

------------------------------

If you have a Nook you probably already know this, but each Friday Barnes & Noble does a "Free Friday" book on their book blog.  This week's is "Blood Safari" by South African writer Deon Meyer.  If you're interested.


------------------------------

Ok, I think that's it for now!  Have a great weekend, everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. I gave my All Hallow's Read book a little early. I got Xan (my 3-y-o son) The Monster At The End Of This Book. I just couldn't wait to give it to him and I'm glad I didn't wait - he loves it! He especially loves it when I read it i nmy Grover voice (which, i have been told by hubby, is pretty good - LOL!).

    Kell.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @diaryofadomesticgoddess Isn't that just the cutest children's book ever!! And, Hooray for Grover voice!!
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed. We have the sequel (Another Monster At the End Of This Book) to give him at Xmas. He loves Elmo too, so that should be fun. Especially as my hubby can do a great Elmo voice - LOL! ;)
    Kell.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parents who can do both Grover AND Elmo voices?

    I'll just say it...
    Luckiest. Kid. Ever!!

    ReplyDelete