Friday, May 27, 2011

Bits & Pieces

Over at The Wertzone, Adam has posted a very well written review of Season 1 of AMC's The Walking Dead.
I seriously loved Season 1 (even though it was extremely short), and am anxiously awaiting Season 2 - hopefully it will be every bit as good as Season 1 is.  Anyway, he gives it 4.5 stars, and explains why much better than I can, so go read what he has to say about it!

----------

If you are a Twitter user, you may have noticed that yesterday was a huge day for #lessinterestingbooks, where people took popular book titles and twisted them to be less interesting than they actually were.  (For example: "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Stuff that Everyone Totally Already Knows").
Aidan, over at A Dribble of Ink, talks about some of his favorites - you really should check them out, as many of them were very clever and kept me giggling for hours when I should have been working!

----------


I stumbled across this Harry Potter movie poster earlier this week, and I'd love to be able to give credit to whoever posted it, but I've completely forgotten.  Thank you to whoever you are, because quite frankly, I think this is the single most stunning movie poster I've ever seen in my life. 

No movie title needed - just the message "It all ends" and the date.  The steely calm in Harry's eyes and sparks flying through the air lend a feeling of deathly urgency to the scene, while the crumbled remains of Hogwarts in the background show what's at stake.  Whoever came up with this art concept should get a raise, y'all, 'cause this is amazing!

---------

So that's all I have for today you guys! Everyone have a great weekend / holiday (depending on where you are) and we'll see you back again next week!  Happy Memorial Day!

2 comments:

  1. OMGs! That's such an awesome poster I'm almost screaming! I've never before seen a film that is so well known it doesn't need to have the title or any of the cast list mentioned on the poster, but this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @diaryofadomesticgoddess It is a pretty amazing poster, isn't it?! I've actually stopped thinking of it as a movie poster and started seeing it as an actual work of art!

    ReplyDelete