Monday, April 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - The River Wall - Again

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!

----------
I'm finding myself to be a little sad as I near the end of The River Wall, as it means I'm nearing the end of what has turned out to be a very interesting and enjoyable series.  This will be the final tease before I finish it.  So long Gandalara - it's been fun getting to know you!!


The Tease:
"The countryside east of Raithskar had once been its most fertile area, a garden for the water-rich city. Now it lay in a state of devastation and abandonment.  The grain fields were trampled and stripped." -The Gandalara Cycle: #7 The River Wall, by Randall Garrett & Vicki Ann Heydron

What's your Tease?

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful teaser. Don't you hate it when you reach the last book in well-loved series? I guess it means you will need to take a break and start it over in the near future. :)

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad! My teaser is from the latest in the Lumby Series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's an art to finishing off a series well. Hopefully this author knows the secret.


    Here's my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I want to read this now :)

    Jules

    Mine is from The making of us by Lisa Jewell

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool teaser, might be another to add to the list.thanks for shareing..


    heres mine.

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-teaser_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The images make me sad...it sounds like a good one.

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers this week! Happy Reading :) New follower! My teasers:

    Butterfly Feet Walking on Life
    For the L♥ve of Reading

    -- Zakiya LadyWings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good teaser, a little sad though.

    Come by and see mine and my giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad! Both the teaser and the fact that you're almost finished with a well-loved book. If you get a chance, my teaser is here: http://readhanded.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Zakiya LadyWings Welcome aboard!! Great to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete