Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm excited about...

I am very excited about the possibility of this becoming a reality - "Dragonriders of Pern" movie news.
This has been, despite its' many problems, one of my favorite series over the years. If there is a fantasy equivalent to the "cozy mystery" then this series is it - a "cozy fantasy."  The writing isn't always the best, and there's a lot of attitudes from the 1960's & 70's that might seem strange now, but the idea of the stories, the culture, the world-building and most of all, the dragons are simply amazing!  I may need to start on a re-read sometime next year to get prepared if it looks like the deal may go through. There's tons of things that can derail a project like this before it even gets started, but I'm excited that it's at least a  possibility! 


Tomorrow, (just in case you've been living under a rock and missed all the previews), is the release date for Scream 4!  OMG!!  I can't wait!!  I generally do not enjoy horror movies, but the Scream franchise is something all-together different, and I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT OH MY GOD YOU GUYS I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!  Also, my boyfriend refuses to see this or any other Scream movie, so I need to find a Faux Beau who will go see it with me.  Any takers?


Also, Game of Thrones premieres on HBO on Sunday, April 17th.  That's only FOUR DAYS from now!!  If you don't have HBO, or a friend with HBO who is willing to let you park on their couch, you should seriously consider finding one or the other, because you do NOT want to miss this series.  Every time I see a trailer for the show and hear the phrase "Winter is coming," a chill of excitement blasts it's way down my spine and makes me want to jump up and down for joy!!  (I do not advise doing this in the middle of the supermarket.  People WILL stare, and possibly point).

So tell me - What are YOU excited about today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment