Friday, February 11, 2011

If you were stuck...?

Over on Awesomesauce the question has been raised - If you were stranded alone on a deserted island, (or perhaps, an abandoned space station) what are the top 5 books that you would want with you?

It's a common question, and one that gets asked a lot, about various forms of media.  But it is a fun question to re-visit occasionally to see if our tastes have changed.

My top 5 are:
1. Dragon Prince, by Melanie Rawn
2. The Ruins of Ambrai, by Melanie Rawn
3. The Mageborn Traitor, by Melanie Rawn
4. The Stand, by Stephen King
5. Foundation, by Isaac Asimov

Now, I would prefer to have the entire Dragon Prince & Dragon Star series, and the entire Foundation series, but since the question was 'books' and not 'series' that sort of limits my choices.  These are my favorites that get drug out of the book case and re-read periodically, and that I never seem to get bored with!

So what about you?  What 5 books would you want with you if you were stranded alone on a deserted island?

1 comment:

  1. The Stand is one of my all-time favourite novels and is definitely on my list of desert island books. I'd have to think about the other four though...

    Kell. x

    ReplyDelete