Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - The Way of Shadows again!

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their To Be Read (TBR) Lists if they like your teasers!

The Tease:
"Something inside him said, where others have failed, have faltered, have fallen, I will be triumphant; I am different; I am cut of a new cloth; I will rise.  "Call me King," he said, and he smiled a fuck-you through the angst and the sorrow, and he was potent." The Way of Shadows, by Brent Weeks.

I am almost finished with this book and getting ready to start the next one in the series, "Shadow's Edge."  I'm totally enjoying it, and hope to have a review up soon!

So....What's your Tease?

6 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds great, I havent heard of this series but just from the teaser it grabbed my attention can't wait for your review on this book.

    Thank you The Darkest Lie is part of a series and I love this series, you should give it a try no you don't have to read all of them before this book they can be stand alone. But it does help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this sounds good. How many books are there in the series and what number is this in the series?

    thanks for stopping by!

    Katie @ Novel Society

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a intriguing character ... wonder if he would be as interesting to read for the rest of the book ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @BLHmistress I will definitely put this on my TBR List! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Katie This is Book 1 in the Night Angel Trilogy, and it's been excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kah Woei Hiya! Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!
    This Tease is actually from one of the secondary characters in the book, but right near the end he has this, sort of, epiphany, and suddenly becomes made of awesome! I think he's going to figure more prominently in Book 2 - at least I hope!

    ReplyDelete