Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bits & Pieces

Over at AwesomeSauce Book Club, Amber has posed what I find to be an interesting question - What do you look for in a review?  Do you prefer a brief synopsis about the story with minor spoilers?  Some people prefer less about the story and more about one's thoughts on the writing itself and characters' development, while others want to know nothing more than if you liked it or not.

While thinking about it I realized that I don't know if I have a very strong opinion here, although I think that I tend to like the brief synopsis type of review myself.  I never judge a book by its' cover, but I often judge it by the blurb on the back!  I've read many a book simply because a friend I trusted said I should, and I don't mind minor spoilers before I read something.  (I'll watch movies even if I know how they end, too!)  But I'm curious to know what kind of review my little Addicts would prefer?

Anyway, it seemed like an entertaining topic for a Wednesday afternoon, so if you wouldn't mind, head on over to AwesomeSauce Book Club and leave an answer in her comments, and if you'd like to leave one here also, I'd appreciate it!

Have a happy rest of the week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment