Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New John Carter Poster Revealed

I'm several days late on this one, as it made the rounds earlier this week, but for anyone who missed seeing it, Disney released another poster for the upcoming action-adventure film John Carter. The film, based on the Barsoom series by Edgar Rice Burroughs, follows a former Confederate captain (played by Taylor Kitsch, of "Friday Night Lights" fame) who is mysteriously transported to Mars, and must resolve a conflict between warring factions.  The film is scheduled for release on March 9, 2012.


I am very excited to see this movie, but I have to say I'm not crazy about this new poster.  Many are comparing it (stylistically) to the old covers of the Barsoom series of novels, and I suppose it sort off is, kinda. But overall I'm just not crazy about it.

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment