Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bits 'n Pieces

So, I've been crazy busy the last few weeks and haven't had time to post much. Sorry, y'all!  I signed up for NaNoWriMo this year, and then was sick for the first six days of the month and didn't do any writing at all - So now I'm totally behind on my word count.  But I'm slllloooowwwwlllyyyyy catching up.  Yay, me!

I'm sure everyone has already seen this, because it seems to be everywhere online today, but Entertainment Weekly is doing an "Exclusive First Look" including 10 photos of various characters, of HBO's Game of Thrones, (based on George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire fantasy series), which is currently filming in Europe, and will air sometime in 2011!!  The sets and costumes look amazing, so check them out.

Ryan Britt posted an article on Tor.com, about the new BBC Sherlock Holmes mini-series (currently running on PBS Masterpiece Mystery), and discusses why he considers it science fiction.  I've been watching the series (Thank goodness for Tivo!) and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing Holmes and Watson enter the 21st century and perform their special brand of sleuthing in a modern setting.

I'm also trying to read Towers of Midnight, by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson when I can, interspersed with small portions of Blameless, by Gail Carriger.  Totally enjoying both, but need more time!!

What's keeping you busy?  Leave a comment and let me know what you've been up to!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment